A few links about the work, teams, and products I've had the privilege of being associated with. This includes some of the 15 minutes of fame that Andy Warhol says we're all going to get through some presentations/keynotes that have been preserved online.
Interaction 17: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love A/B Testing
Go to 16:16 to see the beginning of my section. An updated/shorter version of my SXSW 2016 talk about my personal journey as a professional designer and how I was exposed to and learned about A/B testing.
I gave a presentation at SXSW, the annual music, film, and interactive festival & conference held in Austin, TX. I talked about how I learned about and embrace A/B Testing as part of my "designer tool belt" using historical examples as well as Netflix case studies.
The 50th anniversary conference of the Industrial Designers Society of American was celebrated in Seattle in 2015. I was invited to give a keynote presentation where I talked about an innovation framework for catalyzing transformative change.
Mercedes-Benz unveiled the F 015 Luxury in Motion research vehicle at the CES 2015 in Las Vegas. Our team in Silicon Valley were responsible for designing and implementing the car's digital user experience, from the LED front & rear lights that communicate to drivers & pedestrians, dashboard that is controlled through gaze & gesture, the gesture & touchscreen interfaces on the door interiors, and the retractable touchscreen table.
A day showing our vision into the future of autonomous driving as reported by askmen.com. Some of our concept work was unveiled in a sneak peek experience using Oculus Rift, while I gave a presentation talking about user experience.
The official Mercedes-Benz article on our autonomous driving event held in November 2014.
A talk I gave at IXDA's Interaction14 conference in Amsterdam in February 2014 where I shared some bad advice that I've received over the years.
A glimpse into the work we are doing at Mercedes-Benz on predictive user experiences for the automobile.
An interview with a few of us working on future user experiences at MBRDNA.
A brief interview where we discuss some of the mobile work at MBRDNA.
I was part of an amazing experiment at Microsoft called Pioneer Studios. We were pretty quiet and stealthy, and this is where I worked on a bunch of cool projects that never saw the light of day and one that did – the incubation program that became Xbox One.
Shortly before the launch of the Xbox 360, I had the chance to give my alma mater a sneak peak at the work that we had been doing on the industrial design, user interface, and overall user experience.
Broadly considered to be the first Alternate Reality Game (ARG), The Beast was an amazing experience with a small group of eclectic creatives buried in the bowels of Microsoft Games Studios. I am proud to have been one of the original "Puppetmasters".
All my Chickenscratch posts since July 2014.
- We Need More Women Leaders – August 8, 2017
- That Moment When I Humiliated Myself In Front Of Ed Catmull, Co-founder Of Pixar - July 21, 2017
- An Exercise: What Motivates You? – July 13, 2017
- The Five Ps of Management – April 23, 2017
- My First 15 Jobs – March 26, 2017
- A Good Reminder – December 31, 2016
- I <3 London Cabs – October 30, 2016
- Summer Reading – September 12, 2016
- Game Experience Design – July 31, 2016
- Happy Birthday, America – June 30, 2016
- A/B Testing: A Primer (Part 2) – May 29, 2016
- 9,131 Days Later – April 29, 2016
- Tools In My Designer Toolbelt: A/B Testing (part 1) – March 29, 2016
- What We Attribute Success To – February 29, 2016
- Bad Advice: Let The Work Speak For Itself – January 31, 2016
- Experiencing Time – December 31, 2015
- Xbox 360, 10 Years Later – November 30, 2015
- Why The Hell Did You Leave That Job? – October 31, 2015
- Reflections on Being 42 – September 27, 2015
- Mawwiage – August 31, 2015
On Teaching: Career Happiness Venn Diagram (Part 3) – May 25, 2015
- Jet Lag – Apr. 27, 2015
- The Golden Rule – Mar. 23, 2015
- Reasons To Stay – Feb. 22, 2015
- Auf Wiedersehen! – Jan. 31, 2015
- (Not Quite) The Grand Unified Theory of Motivation – Jan. 11, 2015
- Book Review: The Martian – Dec. 30, 2014
- Technology + Society + Policy – Nov. 30, 2014
- Don't "Drink the Kool-Aid" – Nov. 11, 2014
- Flow: Balancing Challenge & Skill – Nov. 3, 2014
- Bad Advice: Be Disruptive – Oct. 12, 2014
- Bad Advice: You Just Need Agile – Sep. 28, 2014
- Bad Advice: Trust Your Gut – Sep. 23, 2014
- TBT: Being Called Out – Sep. 18, 2014
- Why Do We Drive on the Left/Right – Sep. 7, 2014
- User Delight – Aug. 27, 2014
- Career Happiness Venn Diagram (Part 2) – Aug. 20, 2014
- Concours d'Elegance 2014 – Aug. 18, 2014
- Career Happiness Venn Diagram (Part 1) – Aug. 10, 2014
- Dune: Jodorowsky's and Frank Herbert's – Aug. 3, 2014